Friday, November 21, 2008

Truth

The usual thing to say to someone looking for a career/life path is "Do something you love."

Until recently I have not known a personal definition of love. In that recently discovered truth, I have realized music is the only thing I truly love. I have, for a long while, known I can live, though uncomfortably, without people and their praise, admiration, and affection. I can live without money, I have since I moved out after high school after all. I can live without most things taken for granted in our American socially accepted norm.

I cannot, however, live without music. Old and new, overplayed and never heard, music that has the sound which gives me peace in my soul is absolutely priceless to me. I would never trade that one "shitty" song today for anything. I have realized that "shitty" song is only so in this moment, and nearly never that way indefinitely. I need a career in music more than anything I have ever needed to date. How in the bleep do I go about this endeavor? This is new, scary, and uncharted in my reality. Reader, what in the world am I to do? The answer is a short one and the first one to come to mind. Let me hear it.

Good night,

Nick

No comments: